Transportation Specialist – Terminal Operations #20170031
IES Downstream, LLC is the leading provider of on spec, on time delivery of all petroleum fuel products across the Hawaiian Islands. We move petroleum fuels via truck, barge, ship and pipelines in and out of terminals across five islands. We contract with 3rd party barge and trucking companies to transport fuel across the supply chain including our Proprietary Terminals, Customers Terminals, Proprietary Stations and Customer Stations. Specifically, the Transportation Specialist primary job functions include: 1) Dispatcher; responsible for everything entailed with reconciling, forecasting and dispatching petroleum products to our stations and customers and 2) Analyst; responsible for analyzing / optimizing product movements and transportation of our fuels across the Supply Chain. As a Transportation Specialist you are expected to have the ability to access, analyze and respond to daily and ongoing issues in a timely manner. Incumbent is also expected to look for cost efficient methods of safely transporting petroleum fuel products.
- Position requires an individual who is flexible, organized, and a team player.
- We are a 365 day a year operation, therefore, must be able to work a schedule that often includes weekends and holidays and off-hour calls. This position is on a 5/40 work schedule.
- Must be able to perform under pressure of time constraints and multitask.
- Demonstrated strong communication skills, ability to communicate at various levels within the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data to draw valid conclusions, identify root causes and solve problems.
- Strongly proficient in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- High School Diploma/Equivalent.
- Valid Driver License.
- This is a safety sensitive position.
- Two plus years Dispatching experience preferred, or equivalent experience in understanding of supply chain and logistics operations and processes.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers and contractors, as well as internal and external customers.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- The Transportation Specialist will play a key role in achieving company objectives and contribute to identifying, analyzing and developing value-added supply chain solutions.
- Monitor industry standards, trends, and practices to identify developments in logistics planning and execution.
- Provide analysis and recommendations on improving logistics operations.
- Apply analytic methods and tools to understand, predict, and control logistics operations and processes.
- Work with the Logistics Manager and Value Chain to establish KPIs for transportation
- Monitor, evaluate and track vessel performance.
- Identify industry and business trends that will yield greater efficiency and more cost-effective service.
- Track product flow from origin to final delivery. Identify opportunities for freight cost reduction.
- Recommend improvements to existing and planned logistics processes.
- Maintain databases of logistics information, freight and barging rates, etc.
- Maintain logistics records in accordance with corporate policies.
- Coordinate and arrange transportation for 70 Direct Served customers.
- Forecast, dispatch and reconcile over 50 Direct Served loads daily.
- Monitor and resolve driver and station inventory issues for forecasted stations.
- Closely liaison with customers, carriers and operations partners.
- Receive and handle customers inquires and complaints.
- Coordinate with customers and haulers to optimize loads (i.e. split loads).
- Issue Bills of Lading and other necessary documentation to carriers.
- Investigate shipping and delivery errors or delays.
- Monitor bunkering operations at HTM and work with the Marine and Stock Control Analyst to validate and reconcile demurrage claims.
- Review and process for payment trucking and barge invoices.
CompensationTBD Based upon experience and qualifications.
Relocation package not available.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com
IES is an equal opportunity employer. Position open to US residents and resident aliens with a valid green card only.