Terminal Operator Trainee #20170038
This position is for a Terminal Operator Trainee at Island Energy Services Downstream Division located at IES’s Honolulu Terminal located at Honolulu Harbor Pier 30. The successful candidate(s) would start as a Trainee and progress through an established training program to the position of Terminal Operator. This Trainee(s) will work closely with 10 other Terminal Operators as they staff the Honolulu Terminal 24 hours a day 7 days a week. The terminal receives refined products via: barge, ship and pipelines and distributes the refined products through barges, ships and a 2 lane truck loading rack.
- Must have or have ability to get TWIC Card,
- Must have a clean driving record and a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to meet all physical requirements of the job including; climbing stairs and working on top of product storage tanks over 60 feet high, climb multiple tanks per shift, lift product hoses and other terminal equipment.
- Position requires applicate to work varying shifts including nights, weekends or holidays (shift work). Overtime is required to meet various business needs
- Infrequent travel to neighboring islands for business needs part of this position.
- Must possess various computer skills and have good working knowledge of Word, Excel and email systems
- Must possess ability to read and interpret operations manuals, analyze and apply basic troubleshooting and repair techniques on various terminal equipment
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers, contractors, and internal and external customers.
- Clear and effective communication skills, both oral and written. Good Organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively and cooperatively with a diverse team of coworkers and contractors, as well as internal and external customers.
- Previous Operating Experience
- Previous Shift Work Experience
- Actively support Health, Environment, and Safety (HES) processes by accomplishing daily activities within applicable regulations and policies, carrying out duties in an environmentally conscious manner, following safe operating procedures, maintaining a safe working environment, and being prepared to identify, call for help and respond to any type of incident(s) at HTT and HTM.
- Ensure all work performed adheres to our Standards and all State and Federal Regulatory Requirements. Issue work permits for all work performed within terminal and monitors the activities to ensure strict compliance with Safe Operating Procedures and Safe Work Practices.
- Perform all work activities in an Incident and Injury Free Manor.
- Coordinates and communicates with the Terminal Manager.
- Perform duties related to a Marine Operation; “Person in Charge” at pier, load and unload barges and ships, refueling tug boats, sampling and testing product and accurate documenting your activities.
- Perform duties related to pipeline receipts; reading and understand schedules, tank and valve alignment, hourly monitoring, sampling, testing product and accurate documenting those activities.
- Coordinate with Supply Schedulers, Pipeline Control Center, Marine Agents, Contractors and Transporters for all product movements.
- Performs daily, weekly, and monthly inspections and preventative maintenance for proper operation, and ensure compliance with all environmental and regulatory requirements.
- Complete all daily activities at HTT and HTM some examples are; receiving and transferring different products from pipelines to ships and barges, gauging, switching tanks serving to the TTLR.
- Maintain records and files as appropriate for regulatory compliance. Update files and databases as needed per our standard processes and procedures.
- Ensures Inventory Reconciliations are completed without error.
- Is very accurate in basic math, completes documentation with attention to detail, and completed all without errors.
- Works without supervision; ability to manage one’s own time and effectively manage all required tasks throughout the day.
- Able to operate sophisticated fuel automation, computer systems, and laboratory equipment.
- Perform all required product confirmation tests; which includes climbing storage tanks, gauging, sampling, safely handling product, and accurately completes documentation.
- Consistently demonstrates a strong personal commitment to company safety processes through use of company’s behavior based safety, following Incident Investigation and Reporting guidelines (IIR).
Compensation• TBD based upon experience and qualifications.
• Relocation package not available.
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IES is an equal opportunity employer. Position open to US residents and resident aliens with a valid green card only.