Reliability Engineer Rotating Equipment – #20170051
Island Energy Services is seeking a Reliability Engineer Rotating Equipment. The Reliability Engineer serves two basic roles. The first is to support day to day maintenance issues that require engineering review. The scope of this role will be mostly rotating equipment support and some fixed equipment support. The second role is to provide vision, assessment, planning, implementation and review for refinery wide reliability process and efforts. This scope will be cross organizations where a person will lead and follow different efforts in support of the IES Refining vision. The position requires an individual with a strong refinery process and reliability background.
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Engineering required.
- 4 years of related mechanical engineering experience required.
- Minimum 2 years of refinery experience preferred.
- Possess a current, valid license to operate a motor vehicle in the United States.
- Experience with API 610 standards preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting, performing root cause failure analysis and experience on centrifugal pumps and API seal plan arrangements preferred.
- Experience troubleshooting, performing root cause failure analysis and experience on centrifugal and reciprocating compressors preferred.
- Experience with vibration monitoring and analysis preferred.
- This is a safety sensitive position. Strong focus on Safety, Workplace Safety, Workplace Safety Management, Process Safety Management.
- Currently hold or have ability to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) Clearance.
- This position is considered safety sensitive.
- Previous 5+ years of oil, gas or petrochemical work experience
- Category II – Vibration Analyst certification
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Provide technical assistance/troubleshooting assistance in resolving rotating equipment design, operation and maintenance problems.
- Plan and implement equipment upgrades including financial justification, design, purchase and installation.
- Develop and review turnaround work lists and scopes for critical equipment.
- Lead investigation teams to solve recurring rotating equipment failures.
- Provide technical assistance during turnarounds and unplanned equipment outages regarding repair solutions.
- Provide technical expertise and support to capital project development
- Help establish equipment monitoring plans and control limits.
- Experience with reciprocating and centrifugal compressor experience is a plus.
CompensationTBD based upon experience and qualifications.
Relocation is available.
IES is an equal opportunity employer. Position open to US residents and resident aliens with a valid green card only.