Process Engineer – #20170012-2
Island Energy Services is seeking a Process Engineer The position supports and resolves process, operating and turnaround issues, increasing safety and environmental performance, improving reliability, profitability, and refinery utilization, and developing process designs for project work. This position will report to the Process Engineering Lead.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills with the ability to influence leadership, peers and field personnel; able to take a “hands-on” approach with operators and mechanics to drive change and get results.
- This position is considered safety sensitive.
- Currently hold or have the ability to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) Clearance within 45 days of hire.
- A demonstrated track record in providing top notch process engineering support in an operating refinery environment.
- Minimum 8 year’s process engineering experience in a refinery/Petro-chemical plant.
- FCC and Alkylation experience a strong plus.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Works on a variety of assignments to support the Refinery in resolving process operating issues and supporting business needs. Identifies opportunities to optimize plant performance and implements actions to develop those opportunities.
- Works individually and as a team member with Operations, Maintenance and Reliability, Business Planning, Health Environmental and Safety and Quality Assurance. Must be able to participate effectively in cross-functional teams to develop plant optimization opportunities and identification and remediation of risks to the operating plan.
- Manages project and process system engineering and provides technical consultation. Has a working knowledge of process engineering systems, corrosion mechanisms and their relationship to process conditions and materials, heat and material balances, P&ID’s and all other Process Safety Information.
- Responsible for assisting in development and meeting the Process Engineering yearly operating budget.
- Provides process engineering support for refinery Process Safety Management (PSM) processes including MOC/HAZOP/IHAZID/etc. Has a working understanding of OSHA 1910.119 and it requirements.
- Assists with the development and implementation of technical tools to help improve the operation of operating units, such as monitoring systems, work processes, etc.
- Becomes familiar with and uses job logs for work prioritization.
- Works with process chemical vendor personnel, interfacing between vendor personnel and Operations, Engineering, and Maintenance on all water and process treatment programs, projects, billing, and routine activities.
- As requested, supports the college recruiting and hiring process, and makes recommendations to the Process Engineer Lead. This includes campus support requirements, on-site interview processes, and potential summer internship programs.
- Supports and adheres to the IES company safety culture.
- Must have physical ability to perform all essential job duties and work extended hours, including nights and weekends in process operations environment. Must be available to respond to upset conditions during off-hours.
Compensation• TBD based upon experience
• Relocation will be offered.
IES is an equal opportunity employer. Position open to US residents and resident aliens with a valid green card only.