The Process Engineering Team Lead manages the performance of the Process Engineering plant support group (~4 engineers) for the entire refinery. This position manages the plant support team in resolving process, operating and turnaround issues, increasing organizational capability, improving reliability, profitability, and utilization, and developing process designs for project work. The Process Engineering Team Lead oversees the development and implementation of technical tools to help improve the refinery operation, such as monitoring systems, work processes, etc. The Process Engineering Team Lead provides support and stewardship of the refinery’s safety culture. This position will report to the Technical Manager.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Oversees the work of the Process Engineering plant support group in resolving process operating issues, supporting business needs, and developing process designs of refinery equipment. Sets clear expectations for each engineer. Maintains close contact with the most important operational issues and manages these jobs or their critical parts.
- Works with teams to prioritize work – Operations, Maintenance and Reliability, Business Planning, Health Environmental and Safety. Partners with cross-functional teams to develop plant optimization opportunities and identification of risks to the operating plan.
- Manages project and process system engineering and provides technical consultation.
- Responsible for assisting in development and meeting the Process Engineering yearly operating budget.
- Provides process engineering support for refinery Process Safety Management (PSM) processes including MOC/HAZOP/IHAZID/etc.
- Oversees the development and implementation of technical tools to help improve the operation of operating units, such as monitoring systems, work processes, etc.
- Oversees the use of job logs for work prioritization.
- Works with Nalco personnel, interfacing between Nalco and Operations, Engineering, and Maintenance on all water and process treatment programs, projects, billing, and routine activities.
- Directs the activities and oversees the performance of Technical personnel, frequently mentoring the engineers regarding the professional development and on-the-job training of employees.
- Works with the Technical Manager in preparing for Personnel Development meetings, and preparing and implementing rotational development plans for Technical employees. Works with the Technical Manager in reviewing technical manpower requirements (company and contract) and recommends hiring targets as required.
- Supports the college recruiting and hiring process, and makes recommendations to the Technical Manager. This includes campus support requirements, on-site interview processes, and potential summer internship programs.
- Stewards and supports the refinery and overall company safety culture.
- Works with Technical organization on individual performance evaluations, merit increases, and promotional proposals for Technical employees. Prepares performance evaluations of direct reports.
- Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering.
- Minimum 5 year’s process engineering experience in a refinery/Petro-chemical plant.
- Demonstrated two years’ supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated refining experience.
CompensationRelocation will be offered.
Expatriate assignments will not be considered.
Island Energy Services regrets that it is unable to sponsor employment Visas or consider individuals on time-limited Visa status for this position.
Send resumes to: email@example.com
IES is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Status: closed
Job Link: https://www.linkedin.com/jobs/view/196925678
Island Energy Services, LLC