Process Control Engineer – #2017023-1
Island Energy Services is seeking a Process Control Engineer. This position works to support and resolve process control systems, operating and turnaround issues, increasing organizational capability, improving reliability, profitability, and utilization, and developing process control designs for project work. This position will report to the Process Control Engineer Lead.
- Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline such as chemical or electrical engineering.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to communicate effectively with management and peers, internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience with Honeywell TDC3000.
- This position is considered safety sensitive.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) Clearance
- Minimum 5 years experience in Petroleum Refining as a Controls Systems Engineer.
- Experience with Aspentech DMC application.
- Experience with PLC programming.
- Experience with Honeywell Experion.
- Experience with Triconex safety system logic solver.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
- Tunes/modifies/adds/deletes basic and intermediate level process control strategies.
- Builds process graphics.
- Designs and builds points, monitoring system health, etc.
- Plans and installs routine system software upgrades.
- Basic understanding of PLC programming, including reading code, troubleshooting, and recommending changes.
- Basic understanding of SIS system architecture and programming language.
- Uses regression techniques or standard industry software (like AspenIQ), is able to construct simple inferential calculations. Able to build new inferential property models using industry software.
- Identifies some control opportunities and implements solutions.
- Identifies ideas for capital projects involving instrumentation or control systems.
- Participates in design reviews of capital projects containing a significant control system element.
- Identifies ideas for capital projects of localized scope such as new analyzer installations, control valve, new instrumentation.
- Trains end users on control system changes. Serves as coach and mentor to Operations and technical personnel for optimization, troubleshooting, and engineering analysis of process control applications.
- Fully analyzes DCS problems and develops long term solutions.
- Identifies chronically faulty instrumentation, and works with Instrument & Control Support personnel to understand the issues and bring to resolution. Ensures faulty instrumentation that cannot be repaired on-the-run is noted in the running shutdown file. Diagnoses and develops new methods for resolving recurring failures.
- Develops action plan and obtains resources to solve control system problems; obtains support from control system supplier and Company specialists as required.
CompensationTBD based upon experience and qualifications.
Send resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IES is an equal opportunity employer. Position open to US residents and resident aliens with a valid green card only.