Operator Trainee – Requisition#20170065
Island Energy Services Downstream Division is currently hiring for a Full-time Operator Trainees, located in Kapolei, Hawaii. Successful candidates would start as a Trainee I and progress through an established 3-year training program to the position of Operator. This would include both on-the job training and supplemental classroom instructions.
To apply, please log on to the company job link provided. In the website click on “Sign In” to create your profile and apply to the position.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Valid Driver’s License.
- Candidate must have two years of any type of work experience. Military experience is counted as work experience. In lieu of experience.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the assigned processing unit and has the ability to relate it to others.
- Displays a comprehensive understanding of refinery policies and procedures.
- Demonstrates ability to be a problem solver. Able to grasp complex issues and develop recommendations/solutions.
- Able to remove roadblocks and consider alternative approaches to arrive at workable solutions.
- Looks for opportunities to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
- Able to build rapport and establish positive working relationships both internally and externally.
- Efficiently and effectively takes actions to meet customer needs. Responds and follows up on requests quickly
- Uses feedback to monitor and address customer concerns.
- Able to work closely within a group and departments to set priorities, coordinate and follow up on business objectives.
- Able to effectively utilize computer tools.
- Able to work independently, take initiative and act on opportunities. Able to plan and organize own work.
- Able to multi-task with changing priorities and assignments.
- Able to work rotating 12-hour shifts, nights and weekends, including holidays and weekends.
- This is a Safety Sensitive Position. Demonstrates personal commitment to Incident and Injury Free Operations with a proven track record in Safety and Reliability.
- Currently hold or have ability to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) Clearance
If selected, you will participate in the Pre-employment testing process with IES at designated site in Kapolei, HI. Invitations will be sent out in December and the testing will take place the week of January 8, 2017. You will be required to take the following battery of tests:
- Industrial Information Test Measures the ability to read, understand, and use information in graphs, charts, tables, and written passages to solve problems.
- Mechanical Aptitude Assessment Measures the ability to apply general mechanical principles to understand and solve problem situations.
- Workplace Attitude and Behavior Inventory Measures personal characteristics important to success in the job applied for
IES tests are focused on industrial aptitudes. However Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery (ASVAB) test preparation guides may be able to assist in preparation for these tests. Candidates should focus on mechanical aptitude, reading comprehension, understanding information in tables and graphs, and understanding industrial math.
- Previous Operating or Refinery Experience
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to: Operating furnaces, pumps, compressors that process raw materials, feedstocks, and product transfers. Performing other assigned duties such as maintenance, repairs, housekeeping, and emergency response requirements. This position operates on shift, assigned processing, treating, and/or stock handling equipment either manually or with instrumentation.
CompensationThis is a union represented position. Progressive Wage Rate Starting at $28.86/hr. - $40.04/hr.
• Relocation to be determined.