Maintenance Planner/Field Coordinator – #20170053
Island Energy Services is seeking a Maintenance Planner/Field Coordinator. This position plans and coordinates plant and maintenance shutdowns and projects. Collaborates across functions to ensure resources and schedules are in alignment with project timelines. Integrates project and shutdown work into a singly planned and executed event.
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in oil/gas projects/facilities or similar experience in chemical, petrochemical industrial plants.
- Must be experienced in the use of Primavera or equivalent planning tool.
- Must be familiar with planning and scheduling of activities.
- Must have the ability to read and interpret contract terms, conditions and specifications, have knowledge of quality control and assurance functions, methods of progress measurements and verification.
- Ability to be able to manage work in the field and hold contractors accountable to cost and schedule.
- Excellent understanding of how work gets done in the field. Must be self-motivated to initiate and complete tasks. Ability to step up and assume ownership and accountability for area of responsibility. Proactively champion issues and see them through to completion even when they require action by others.
- Experience in developing reports in Microsoft Word and presentations in Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Strong ability to work well with others groups in cross functional teams. Proven ability to communicate technical ideas to a wide range of groups within the company.
- This is a safety sensitive position. Strong focus on Safety, Workplace Safety and Management.
- Currently hold or have ability to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) Clearance.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- In-charge of improving workplace productivity by eliminating potential delays/wastes through planning and coordination of engineering, labor, parts and material.
- Develop job specific plans by receiving input from all disciplines and parties. Work with Procurement to develop job plans for bidding.
- Develop a resource loaded baseline schedule that utilizes optimum resources.
- Be accountable for the control and supervision, monitoring and guidance of the day-to-day activities of the contractors.
- Ensure field execution is delivered within the established cost and schedule estimates. Update actual/forecast dates, actual/forecast costs, progress of work, scope and change orders.
- Identification and analysis of the critical path, variance descriptions of critical path tasks and key milestones, evaluation of trends, and incorporation of scope changes into the baseline schedule.
- Evaluate the impact of variances and conduct “what if” scenarios to evaluate proposed mitigation strategies.
- Generate or coordinate the generation of all outage/TA documents (schedules, cost estimates, man-power Histograms, tabulated man hour / progress data, S-curves).
- Coordination with the Project Manager/coordinator to integrate schedule and earned value data into the cost forecast.
- Provide the Management Team with the relevant project updates as required. Support of preparation of additional project specific reports as requested by the Management Team.
- Work closely with operations, engineering, procurement teams to ensure all stakeholders are involved and deliverables are met as planning and execution of jobs continues.
- Promote good working relations within Planning teams and other disciplines.
- Ensure all planning work is carried out in compliance with the company and outage/turnaround specific procedures.
- Commit to and promote company values and ensure the realization of company health, safety, environmental, quality and ethics, systems, policies and procedures.
CompensationTBD based upon experience and qualifications.
Relocation is available.
IES is an equal opportunity employer. Position open to US residents and resident aliens with a valid visa/green card only.