Laboratory Inspector Trainee – #201700032
This position is for a Laboratory Inspector at the IES Hawaii Refinery. Successful candidates would start as an Inspector Trainee I and progress through an established training program to the position of Inspector. The Inspector will perform a wide variety of physical and chemical tests for control of a 56,000 BPD refinery, consisting of a Crude Unit, FCC Unit, Alkylation Plant, Dimersol Plant, Isomerization Plant, Hydrogen Manufacturing & Hydrogenation Plants, an Amine Plant and Sulfuric Acid Plant. Finished product and process testing are the primary focus. This is a union represented position. This position works a 10 hour schedule with weekend coverage. Normal shift is from 6:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Some overtime will be mandatory.
- 2 years of laboratory experience
- AA or AS Degree
- Valid Driver’s License
- Able to work rotating (day) shifts, including weekends, holidays, and overtime
- Good computer skills and problem solving ability
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Coordinated team efforts are highly valued. Must be able to work efficiently with others
- This is a Safety Sensitive Position. Candidates must demonstrate personal commitment to Incident and Injury Free Operations with a proven track record in Safety and Reliability
- BS Chemistry Degree from accredited college / university
- >5 years of laboratory experience
- Refinery/chemical plant laboratory experience
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Performs a wide variety of tests on refinery process samples and finished products per established procedures
- Test methods vary from simple methods such as density/gravity, color, and viscosity to more complex methods such as knock (octane) testing, automatic distillation and titration, gas chromatography, etc
- Checks test results against specifications. Utilizes standard Quality Control / Quality Assurance processes to insure accuracy and precision of results
- Validates data, performs calculations, and reports test results
- Checks and calibrates equipment, reviews test methods, and performs minor preventive or corrective maintenance
- Participates in laboratory audits
- Completes other duties as directed by the Laboratory Supervisor
CompensationTBD based upon experience.
- Relocation will not be considered.
Submit resumes to: email@example.com
IES is an equal opportunity employer. Position open to US residents and resident aliens with valid green card only.