Fixed Equipment Inspector – #20170055
Island Energy Services is seeking a Fixed Equipment Inspector. This position provides inspection services to the process Plants and off plot facilities in the refinery. The primary duty of the Fixed Equipment Inspector is to insure the safe and reliable operating condition of fixed equipment through scheduled inspections and guidance on high quality repairs that meet corporate and code requirements. The position requires an individual with a strong refinery process and reliability background and demonstrated leadership abilities. There will be intermittent travel and work hours on nights and weekends based on refinery needs. The position will report to the Reliability Inspection Team Leader at the refinery.
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience and must be technically competent and knowledgeable in the application of the current inspection codes.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Current Drivers’ license from state of residence
- American Petroleum Institute (API) API-653 certification.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications including work, Excel, and the inclusion of digital photographs for use in the repair recommendations and reporting is required.
- Must be Self-motivated
- Must have good written and verbal communication skills
- Must have a positive team-oriented approach
- Must pass background and drug and alcohol screen.
- Must be willing to travel to the Neighbor island terminals.
- Must be willing to take and pass the National Board test within 2 years of employment.
- Documentation of related work experience
- This position is considered safety sensitive.
- Currently hold or have ability to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) Clearance.
- American Petroleum Institute (API) API-570 certification, working knowledge of NDE methodologies also a plus.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Perform Internal and external inspections to determine if the asset meets the acceptance criteria of a specific code, standard or document
- Properly interpret regulations, codes and industry standards
- Computer skills to compile ad submit daily reports, inspection reports and inter-office communications.
- Detailed oriented and capable of recommending and approving repairs as well as performing QA/QC duties of the completed work.
- Be proficient with standard computer software (such as MS word and Excel) and able to write detailed inspection reports while maintaining an organized system of filing.
- Endure that all IES safety policies and procedures are being followed.
- Key team member of a cross functional business team
- Must have strong oral and written communication and team skills