Asset Reliability Engineer – #20170027
Island Energy Services is seeking a Asset Reliability Engineer (ARE). The Asset Reliability Engineer (ARE) provides technical support to the operating units, addresses short-term reliability issues, participates in incident investigations and supports turnarounds on their units. The ARE also supports the implementation of long term reliability plans and liaises with Designs Engineers on small capital and plant expense projects. The ARE recognizes the correlation between Asset Reliability and Lost Profits and over time moves from run and maintain engineers to reliability engineers. The ARE focuses on both Mechanical Integrity and Operational Integrity as key performance drivers.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering (Mechanical or Materials Engineering)
- 5+ years of experience as a maintenance/reliability engineer in a plant environment.
- Strong understanding of reliability and maintenance principles.
- Basic knowledge of industry standards – API, ASME, etc.
- This position is considered safety sensitive.
- Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) Clearance
- Process Safety Management (PSM) background, with emphasis on Mechanical Integrity.
- Meridium/Maximo/SAP database understanding
- Strong Interpersonal Skills with the ability to influence leadership, peers and field personnel; able to take a “hands-on” approach with operators and mechanics to drive change and get results.
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- Monitor operation of equipment in assigned areas on a routine basis and address emerging issues.
- Monitor fixed and rotating equipment.
- Performance and operation; identify causes of unreliability and propose solutions to meet site goals.
- Provide technical support for routine fixed and rotating equipment maintenance work. Liaise with Inspections and Rotating Equipment personnel as needed.
- Support Inspections by providing analysis of Inspection data and recommending changes to inspection frequencies and monitoring. Provide technical support for all emergency/after-hours work that requires troubleshooting and scope definition.
- Identify cost savings opportunities for assigned areas.
- Perform mechanical design and issue work instructions and construction packages for implementation.
- Provide mechanical design review on the Front End Loading stages of Capital Expenditure projects to insure that final product meets site philosophy.
- Participate in unit incident investigations and formal root cause failure analyses.
- Identify turnaround scope for assigned areas.
- Review/develop scope for critical turnaround jobs.
- Support turnaround field work to ensure quality and compliance with construction packages.
- Support unit startups for critical equipment after major equipment repairs. Participate in Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) for MOC’s and unit revalidations.
- Trend equipment reliability in assigned area.
- Adhere to the MOC process for field/shop modifications and operating parameter changes.
- Assist with training Operation personnel on modifications to equipment.
- Work with Process, Electrical and Rotating Equipment Engineers to reach agreement on causes of unreliability.
- Work with operations, production planning, Inspections and maintenance to identify opportunities for implementation of problem solutions and removal of threats to reliability.
- Understand how the work of the Reliability Team affects the environment. Support your area to minimize impact on the environment. Uphold IES’ commitment to health, safety, and security. Support your area to uphold IES’ HSSE policies.
CompensationTBD based upon experience
Submit resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org
IES is an equal opportunity employer. Position open to US residents and resident aliens with a valid green card only.