Accountant – General Ledger #20170056
Island Energy Services is seeking an Accountant candidate who will be responsible for multiple general ledger accounting functions in both our IES Downstream and IES Retail entities.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Advanced Excel skills including pivot tables
- Proven project skills – ability to manage multiple projects concurrently in a professional and timely manner.
- Proactive, flexible and dedicated team player, able to achieve goals.
- Excellent communication skills in English with the ability to engage and work effectively with team players from various cultures.
- This position is considered safety sensitive.
- Currently hold or have ability to obtain Transportation Worker Identification Credential (TWIC) Clearance within 45 days of hire.
- SAP/PDI experience
- 1-3 years public accounting
- 3-5 years relevant industry (non-public) experience
- Manufacturing and/or Retail industry background
Responsibilities for this position include, but are not limited to:
- The IES Retail, LLC ledger, daily accounting duties for our retail locations in PDI and SAP including over/short calculations and inventory reconciliations at our (6) COCO sites
- Review and management of the IES cash accounts mostly on disbursement side
- Enters transactions in the general ledger and provides assistance for the preparation of plans, forecasts, and capital budgets.
- Prepares monthly and quarterly balance sheet reconciliations, and monthly, quarterly & annual reports.
- Maintains and posts recurring journal entries.
- Assists the Financial Controller with month, quarter and year end closing and ensuring the maintenance of accurate and useful financial data in compliance with generally accepted accounting principles, tax regulations and corporate policies.
- Performs special project assignments, analyses, budgets, forecasts and special reports as requested or assigned by management.
CompensationTBD based upon experience
IES is an equal opportunity employer. Position open to US residents and resident aliens with a valid green card only.